01 – Article 12. Legal Guarantee of Conformity
All the Products sold on the Website are covered by the legal guarantee of conformity provided by articles 128-135 by Legislative Decree N. 128-135 of Consumer Code (Legal Guarantee).
To whome it applies
The Legal Warranty is reserved for consumers. It therefore applies solely to users who have made the purchase on the Website for purposes other than entrepreneurial, commercial, craft or professional activities.
When it applies
The Seller is liable vis-à-vis the consumer for any non-conformity existing at the time of delivery of the product and becoming visible within two years of said delivery. The Seller must be informed of the non-conformity, under penalty of forfeiture of the guarantee, within two months from the date on which it was discovered.
Unless proven otherwise, the non-conformity materialising within six months from the delivery date of the product are assumed as existing since the latter, unless the assumption is incompatible with the nature of the product or with the nature of the non-conformity. Starting from the seventh month following the delivery of the product, the burden of proof to prove that the non-conformity already existed at the time of delivery of the product shall lie with the consumer.
In order to take advantage of the Legal Guarantee, you must thus provide proof of the date of the purchase and delivery of the good. It is therefore advisable, for the purpose of proving the purchase, that you keep the invoice sent by the Seller, as well as the transport document or any other document certifying the date of the purchase (such as the credit card statement or the bank statement) and the delivery date.
In case of a non-conformity reported within the prescribed period, the user is entitled to the following: (i) firstly, the repair or replacement of the good free of charge, according to preference, unless the requested solution is objectively impossible or excessively burdensome with respect to the other one; (ii) secondly (in cases where repair or replacement is impossible or excessively burdensome, or where repair or replacement have not been made within a reasonable period of time, or where the repair or replacement have caused significant inconvenience to the consumer) a discounted price or the termination of the agreement, according to the preference of the user. The requested solution is excessively expensive if it entails unreasonable expenses for the Seller compared to alternative solutions, considering (i) the value that the good would have if the non-conformity did not exist; (ii) the extent of the non-conformity; (iii) the possibility that the alternative solution may be achieved without significantly inconveniencing the consumer.
The Seller shall not be held liable in the event of damage of any kind resulting from the improper use of the Product or in the event of damage resulting from unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure.
02 – What Freexed bikes warranty covers?
- Manufacturing defects and any damage noticed when opening the box (e.g. defect of the frame, breakage of the frame)
- Bike’s component not subject to normal wear (the warranty does not cover tires, brake pads, braking track)
- The warranty is not transferred to a third party to whom the bike should be resold
- the original product’s component that have not been modified without been authorized or approved by Freexed Bikes
03 – What are not covered by the warranty?
- Accessories installed after purchase
- Malfunctions caused by improper use or accessories not indicated
- Damage caused by the installation of improper accessories
- Collision damage caused by external factors
- Any other damage also to components under warranty were caused by improper use
- Paint defects
- Defects due to incorrect assembly of the final parts of the bike
- All parts subject to normal wear, such as tires, inner tubes, brakes, sprockets, cables and brake pads
04 – How to use warranty?
You need to send an e-mail to the address:
Remember to write the below indications in the e-mail:
- Your name
- Order number (you can found it on the receipt)
- Your phone number
- Please attach the Items’ photos to show the problem
- Proof of a professional assembly
- Explain where is the problem in more details as possible
If the request get approved, Freexed Bikes will decide whether the items need to be repaired or replaced.
Shipping costs, are on Freexed if the item is under warranty.
Items returned without Freexed Bikes approval won’t be considered for warranty.